Share with us what is happening in your ZK this week. December 29, 2023
This is about you! 🏼
Swimming with Ideas
This is another installment of the What Are You Working On? thread. Please be courageous and add to this thread by telling us what is happening in and around your ZK journey. Join the community and enlighten us about your knowledge path trajectory. I do this for selfish reasons. It helps me clarify my goals and visualize my thinking. And sometimes, a conversation sparks an idea worth exploring. This is an invitation to you to up your participation in the discussion.
Ideas I'm exploring with my ZK:
- Tags can either be used to categorize notes or give an idea of the note's theme. My subatomic is a short summary or theme that replaces a theming tag. Tagging is unnecessary overhead. Tag for note status and grouping only. Let structure notes and linking dominate.
- Web Historical Trails breadcrumbs, GPS adventure breadcrumbs, and how the metaphor can be applied to how I explore my journey with life.
- Focusing attention is a skill much like wood carving. Focusing takes time to develop. It can be learned. There are better and worse ways to practice. A mentor boosts progress. This habit is susceptible to the usual biases—especially the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
Things I'm reading:
- Calvino, Italo. The path to the spiders' nests. 1947.
- Garmus, Bonnie. Lessons in chemistry. 2022.
- Parrish, Shane. Clear thinking: turning ordinary moments into extraordinary results. 2023.
- Voltaire. Candide. 1759.
Music I'm listening to:
The "My rolling ten-day zettel production" is produced by a script for attachment to my daily journaling template. I do my journaling in Bear to keep personal journaling separate from my knowledge work.
Let me know if you would like to discuss any of these notes.
My ten day zettel production
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.