Zettelkasten Forum

Storing lists, such as Y/M/Weekly goals, Study list, Exercise routines

I wonder how you store/tag general lists such as your weekly goals list, exercise routines and changes, to read/review list, name-list of ppl you recently met, etc, do you have a particular UID for such or Folder/Tag you using on ZK?

I often have such as table, bullet-point or spreadsheet things, currently in one folder called "PlaceHolders" due to lack of imagination, don't wanna call it list as two broad but just noticed placeholder is even broader!

Comments

• Using the examples you gave, I have a hodgepodge approach.

I use tables, bullet-point lists, and spreadsheets for tracking. I just don't keep this stuff in my ZK. (As best I can.) In my view, a zettelkasten is for digesting ideas. A journal is for digesting life. I'm a believer in the power of journaling. This is where I keep my lists of goals. It makes more sense to have this list in front of me with the regularity that I'm writing in my journal.

This is the same for exercise routines, but there is a whole thread about exercise physiology in my ZK. They feed each other with links between them.

This is how I'm dealing with the read books and reading candidates, I have a saved search that pulls them up together with "#bookography OR ›[[202205292014]]".

#humans is the tag I used to group people who were important in my life. Sadly, this area of life is lapsed into disuse.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• @Hus Like @Will , I also do not keep these in my Zettelkasten. Instead, I use NotePlan to track all these and similar items.

• For these things, I find you don't get a lot of (any?) value out of the complexity of Luhmann's numbering and filing scheme. I keep a separate department of my system for these sorts of data. Some of how I do it is explained on my site (in the comments as well as links to the idea of a Memindex).

website | digital slipbox 🗃️🖋️

No piece of information is superior to any other. Power lies in having them all on file and then finding the connections. There are always connections; you have only to want to find them. —Umberto Eco