Engagement via a creative user profile
This is a topic that deserves its own thread. I'll launch the first salvo.
Not sure that even a sparkling user profile like mine is good enough to bolt us into participating or be a tornado hurling others to interact with us. But I could be wrong.
I need to set specific boundaries to my exploration and that was the smallest unit of value I could think of.
Concentrating on the user profile is a small gesture but who knows where it could lead? I'm willing to follow along and help where I can.
I started to talk about that idea to friends and, surprisingly, they found it useful.
So, following a Design Thinking approach, I want to refine the idea and testing with real people to come up with something I can package and share.
I have a mildly snarky question, are you talking to us "about the idea as friends" or are we the "real people" you want to experiment on?
This is a superb idea, and I'll participate. I think this forum would benefit from anything that would enhance engagement.
To start this off, here is a screenshot of my profile.
1. How can it be improved?
2. What else should be shared that others what to know?
3. I just discovered this "Activity" form and wonder what it does.
4. My profile is hidden in the forum, and a user must look for it. Is that less than ideal?
5. Few users take the time to set up a photo avatar. The best practice would be to have one premade and used everywhere.
6. My signature that gets connected to each post isn't shown and I must edit my profile even to see it.
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.