Zettelkasten Forum

Handling graphics on iOS that are linked in the Archive

edited October 2022 in Workflows

I am beginning to add linked graphics in the Archive. I don't expect to add a lot of graphics, but I would like to be able to access those graphics on iOS. Can anyone recommend a preferred way to access graphics on iOS that are linked to various zettels within an Archive?

Post edited by jamesrregan on

Comments

• edited October 2022

I don't use iOS for notes much. Mostly I refer to my notes during a Zoom call. I set up the Dropbox folder that contains The Archive as a "Folder" in 1Writer. I tested this morning, thinking it might work, and behold, it just works! Markdown is extraterrestrial goodness.

Two screenshots. The first is part of a zettel in "Edit" mode. And the second is the same part in "Preview" mode.

In Edit Mode

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In Preview Mode

Post edited by Will on

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Will,

Thanks for posting. I think what I may have been doing wrong in 1Writer was creating the media folder not as a subfolder of the Archive. I will give it a try.

Best wishes,

James

• This screenshot shows how I have The Archive set up as a "Folder" in 1Writer. Only the root folder is referenced. 1Writer finds the subfolder on its own.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• @Will I thought I had this working in 1Writer as well, and then when I checked today, couldn’t get it to work. I’ll dig in a bit more and see what the issue is.