Zettelkasten Forum

Handling graphics on iOS that are linked in the Archive

edited October 2022 in Workflows

I am beginning to add linked graphics in the Archive. I don't expect to add a lot of graphics, but I would like to be able to access those graphics on iOS. Can anyone recommend a preferred way to access graphics on iOS that are linked to various zettels within an Archive?

Post edited by jamesrregan on

Comments

• edited October 2022

I don't use iOS for notes much. Mostly I refer to my notes during a Zoom call. I set up the Dropbox folder that contains The Archive as a "Folder" in 1Writer. I tested this morning, thinking it might work, and behold, it just works! Markdown is extraterrestrial goodness.

Two screenshots. The first is part of a zettel in "Edit" mode. And the second is the same part in "Preview" mode.

In Edit Mode

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In Preview Mode

Post edited by Will on

Will Simpson
    My zettelkasten is for my ideas, not the ideas of others. I will try to remember this. I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon, I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Will,

Thanks for posting. I think what I may have been doing wrong in 1Writer was creating the media folder not as a subfolder of the Archive. I will give it a try.

Best wishes,

James

• This screenshot shows how I have The Archive set up as a "Folder" in 1Writer. Only the root folder is referenced. 1Writer finds the subfolder on its own.

Will Simpson
    My zettelkasten is for my ideas, not the ideas of others. I will try to remember this. I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon, I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• @Will I thought I had this working in 1Writer as well, and then when I checked today, couldn’t get it to work. I’ll dig in a bit more and see what the issue is.