Use this thread to share with the community what you did last week developing your ZK. []
I have first-day butterflies in my stomach. My class starts Tuesday. A literature review of modern western travel literature taught by Dr. Scott Slovic, I think this is the last class he'll be teaching before he takes a research position with his dad at The Arithmetic of Compassion and Decision Research..
I'm currently reading.
1. Alta California by Nick Neely
2. Henry David Thoreau's Walden
3. Carl Thompson's Travel Writing
Here are a few of the titles and one-sentence summaries of zettel I created last week.
- Silence as ear cleaning 
Object Level and Meta Level Abstraction Distinction 
- Learning something from nature is where meta-level skills are developed.
Traveling the Object to Meta Levels of Abstraction
- Traversing the spectrum of abstractions when building knowledge.
The Conclusion of Walden Pond 
- This chapter seems preachy—one sermon after another lost on my modern ears. I must be a heathen.
ENGL463 Class Notes and Reading Assignments 
- Computer Science as an Art 
- by Donald E. Knuth
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.