What are your zettelkasting plans for 31 July - 6 August 2022?
Share with the community your plans for zettelkasting this week.
This past week found me doing:
- It may not seem like it from the list of new zettel below, but I've been deeply reading and interconnecting within my ZK travel books and travel essays. Mainly on a philosophical level. I started reading "The Narrow Road To The Deep North," considered one of the foundational books of travel writing.
- I started migrating code snippets to The Archive.
- Developed two new Keyboard Maestro macros.
- Onboarded, from pre-ZK notes, "Not Caring What Other People Think is a Super Power" by Ed Latimore. There is a 5-year rest between reading and onboarding to ZK. Plenty of time for the ideas to swim around. I don't think the long rest hurt my comprehension of the ideas I highlighted in 2017.
My plans for this coming week:
- I read about and have been convinced to try a "Full Screen" workflow, and I'm giving it a try.
- Work on sharing my advanced search querying macros.
- Onboard the two books I'm reading to my ZK
- The Narrow Road To The Deep North by Matsuo Basho - Travel Journal
- The Book Of Form And Emptiness by Ruth Ozeki - Fiction
- Finish migrating code snippets to The Archive.
Here are a few of the titles of zettel I've been working on last week.
B-The Narrow Road To The Deep North 202207302024
by Matsuo Basho
What is meant by reminiscing 202207302048
The positive recollection of an experience.
A-Travels on my sofa 202207301303
Local and hyperlocal travel, even traveling the trails of memory, is as rewarding and sometimes more rewarding than the minutia of preparing and going on the trip. By Alain de Botton
B-The Book Of Form And Emptiness 202207231714
by Ruth Ozeki
Deep Thinking Retreat 202207280840
Captured wild spontaneous ideas from July 28, 2022
B-Not Caring What Other People Think is a Super Power 202207261931
by Ed Latimore, a former professional boxer.
A-Marcus Aurelius on Socrates 202207251450
Stoicism's roots are in the school of Socrates.
Smart Writing is Revision 202207250857
Become a "Third Draft" writer.
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.