Zettelkasten Forum

Typing [[ Pastes a Link

This Keyboard Maestro macro can be used in The Archive to place a link by typing [[. You'll be presented with a type-ahead search of your entire ZK. Once a note is selected, the macro will produce and paste a link. Depending on how your links are formed and what file extension you use, you may want to tweak this a little. Directions included.

Payload
Link Insert Macro

This GIF shows the macro in action. The macro pastes the link in place with two [ and selection from the search list.

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• edited July 2022

@Will said:
    This Keyboard Maestro macro can be used in The Archive to place a link by typing [[. You'll be presented with a type-ahead search of your entire ZK. Once a note is selected, the macro will produce and paste a link. Depending on how your links are formed and what file extension you use, you may want to tweak this a little. Directions included.

Payload
    Link Insert Macro

Thanks @Will - works like a charm! (All I did was change the path to my ZK). Cheers!