Zettelkasten Forum

Car 54 Where are You?

Growing up in the late 50's and early 60's, I watched a goofy sitcom. It was about two idiotic patrol cops who were always fooling around, never where they should be, and never answering the radio in their cop car. There was an iconic phrase on their radio, that even came along with music - "Car 54 Where are You?".

For some reason, when I was contemplating our rather quiet forum over the past week, this phrase came to mind. :wink:

Comments

• Was that with Fred Gwynne? I've seen one or two reruns, but got rid of my television over 20 years ago. Cannot tolerate it.

GitHub. Erdős #2. CC BY-SA 4.0. Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back. -- Piet Hein. Armchair theorists unite, you have nothing to lose but your meetings! --Phil Edwards

• You have to admit, respect would be automatic if the cop pulling you over for rolling through a stop sign was Hermann Munster. I'd be polite, ask him to give Eddie a hug for me, and tell him how wonderful Lily's tombstone cake was.

• @ZettelDistraction said:
    Was that with Fred Gwynne? I've seen one or two reruns, but got rid of my television over 20 years ago. Cannot tolerate it.

Yeah - the sitcom was awful (who can predict what appeals to young, stupid boys) and TV in general was terrible. The main actors were indeed Fred Gwynne and Joe Ross.

• @Amontillado said:
    You have to admit, respect would be automatic if the cop pulling you over for rolling through a stop sign was Hermann Munster. I'd be polite, ask him to give Eddie a hug for me, and tell him how wonderful Lily's tombstone cake was.

Haha! If you could speak at all, that is.

• @GeoEng51 said:
    For some reason, when I was contemplating our rather quiet forum over the past week, this phrase came to mind. :wink:

I, for one, welcome our alien overlords find it interesting that many people begin communicating here by introducing themselves.
    I tend to frequent half-anonymous forums on the web, the ones you come for a purpose not for a person. You begin to notice and remember people naturally, due to their actions. I come here expecting things to be the same (e.g. I never saw your introduction, if there was one, but I remember some tidbits about you because we talked).
    Lately there were mostly introductions here. I, personally, have no idea what to do with them. "Oh, you do exist? Well done, lad/lass!" is all I can say if we have no additional background.
    And knowledge work tends to be personal (due to it being spread out among different topics), so there's not much common purpose here as well.
    We here are like notes without that many connections.

Car 54 Where are You?

Who is John Galt?

• @emps said:
    Lately, there were mostly introductions here. I, personally, have no idea what to do with them.

I've noticed this too. I don't know what to think, but it is good that people are uncloaking and making their presence known. Usually, though, there is an after-thought of a question at the end of the introduction that I try and address.

We here are like notes without that many connections.

There is a surprising 165 zettel (5.8%) in my ZK referencing forum posts or forum members. That is a lot of connection. This probably doesn't count all the book recommendations I've got.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com