Zettelkasten Forum

Rene's Sublimeless Zettelkasten

123457»

Comments

• @ptohver That is the beauty of the plain text approach. You can use rene's program for as long as it works for you and you want it. If at any point you want to move on, you can just grab any other tool that works on plain text .md files and continue from there.
    You could check out Zettlr as an alternative that works on Windows, easy to setup and is actively maintained.

• @m0hawk said:
    @ptohver That is the beauty of the plain text approach. You can use rene's program for as long as it works for you and you want it. If at any point you want to move on, you can just grab any other tool that works on plain text .md files and continue from there.
    You could check out Zettlr as an alternative that works on Windows, easy to setup and is actively maintained.

Cheers!

• Hi Rene, are you still maintaining this software? Just wanted to ask if you plan on delegating it to someone if ever you don't want to maintain it anymore

• It has issues with generating a reference since pandoc has been updated since the software release.

I have forked the project and will work on fixing the issue as I will help me practice my python programming. Until then, I have reverted back to Zettlr.

• @masterful said:
    It has issues with generating a reference since pandoc has been updated since the software release.

It's solved, thanks to @m0hawk

@m0hawk said:
    @damaskin
    Hi,
    You have to mod the package yourself I fear. But it's a rather easy fix.
    Go to Preferences -> Browse Packages in sublime, open the sublime_zk folder and then open the sublime_zk.py file in eg. sublime ;)

Then change line 636 from args = [pandoc_bin, '-t', 'plain', '--bibliography', bibfile] to args = [pandoc_bin, '-t', 'plain', '--bibliography', bibfile, '--citeproc']

https://forum.zettelkasten.de/discussion/77/renes-sublimetext-for-zettelkasten-package-talk-and-more

• @damaskin said:

@masterful said:
    It has issues with generating a reference since pandoc has been updated since the software release.

@m0hawk said:
    @damaskin
    Hi,
    Go to Preferences -> Browse Packages in sublime, open the sublime_zk folder and then open the sublime_zk.py file in eg. sublime ;)

Then change line 636 from args = [pandoc_bin, '-t', 'plain', '--bibliography', bibfile] to args = [pandoc_bin, '-t', 'plain', '--bibliography', bibfile, '--citeproc']

https://forum.zettelkasten.de/discussion/77/renes-sublimetext-for-zettelkasten-package-talk-and-more

I got thanks! I should have done a search in the forum first !

• @damaskin said:

@masterful said:

@m0hawk said:
    @damaskin
    Hi,

Thanks!

• @masterful said:

Thanks!

You are welcome! :-)