Another File Contents Search Option for iOS
This is just another option to add to the iOS toolbox, thought I'd mention it because I don't see it named often.
I enjoy having all my plain text files at an equal folder level, using both filename and file contents searches for discovery. As you all know, 1Writer beautifully handles file contents searches.
But I have a lot of PDFs too. In my system, any content I didn't create (receipts, web pages, etc) is converted to PDF with OCR. The Documents by Readdle app does a good job of searching for strings within other file types. So I end up using 1Writer mostly, but sometimes I swing over to Documents if I'm looking for, say, my auto insurance card.
The performance is not great with repositories of many GB, but they know of this and are working on making it better.
Howdy, Stranger!
Categories
- 3K All Categories
- 153 Research & Reading
- 703 The Zettelkasten Method
- 12 Knowledge Work
- 102 Writing
- 474 Software & Gadgets
- 158 Workflows
- 733 The Archive
- 15 Plug-In Showcase
- 88 Resolved Issues
- 225 Projects Logs and Journals
- 86 Project: Zettelkasten.de
- 53 Critique my Zettel
- 179 Random
- 375 Introduce Yourselves!
