Zettelkasten Forum

Hello Everyone

I hope everyone is doing well. I am a systems programmer and a life learner. I've been searching for a better way to store and utilize notes. Recently, I stumbled upon zettelkasten and the archive. I enjoy it so far and look forward to learning more about the process and tool from you all.

Comments

• @ShellBeach

Hello and welcome to the ZK forum! Feel free to ask questions here, but before you do, have a look at all the getting started materials on the ZK site - that will get you a long way along. I learned a lot just by "lurking" and listening in - it was a good way to start for me.

• @GeoEng51 Thanks for the welcome and the tips. I'll be looking through the forums while getting comfortable with this process.

• Welcome aboard, @ShellBeach! :) Looking forward to hear from another programmer's experience with the method!

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• Welcome @ShellBeach ! Mathematician and occasional programmer here myself. Each domain presents its own needs within ZK -- just like with any method of organizing your knowledge work-- so don't be discouraged if at first you feel a starting approach is a bit brittle. There are plenty people here using ZK as a system of organizing technical subjects who can give suggestions. Its one of the most welcoming -- and thoughtful -- communities I know of. Enjoy!

• Thank you for the warm welcome all. I'm going through the forums now to see how I can adjust my workflow. I have a good number of notes, but creating them all manually without a template seems to go against my programming instincts.