What you put in your Zettelkasten
I want a note taking system that works for me... So far, it seems that my Zettelkasten is right for me. But really only for thoughts it seems. Not facts. The system seems to break down when I want to put reference material in there.
I feel as though there are 3 types of information I want to store as they're the types of information relevant to me:
- Thoughts/Concepts/Ideas: The Zettelkasten method.
- Processes/Procedures (How to do something right): Maybe Zettelkasten?
- Reference Material: Maybe Zettelkasten?
My conundrum can be broken down into a few questions:
- Am I using Zettelkasten wrong? Should these types of notes be able to live in a Zettelkasten?
- If not, what setups would you use? (By setups I don't mean software, I'm using Obsidian which can pretty much support any hierarchal or network type setup, I'm looking for principles to follow)
I'm just getting started with all this so I'm not too deep into my Zettelkasten yet. So please forgive my ignorance.