Zettelkasten Forum

Using your Zettelkasten to write your year review. Yes? How?

Hi Zettelkasteners,

I am young (!) and not very expert with forums (!). It's only since 1995 I am participating in online communities. But I'm confident 2021 will be the year of my definitive growth. I'm becoming wiser every day.

So, rather than dumping and spamming my links in this brilliant community, I should rather engage your minds in a reciprocal improvement feedback loop.

Thanks to @ctietze for his work in keeping this place tidy and clean and for his gentle and effective moderation work.

That is my lesson on the first day of the year. Being a wiser citizen of the Internet rather than a nasty and lousy content marketer (I said it, not you, no worries).

That's the background leading me to engage you in telling your experiences (vs lazily copying and pasting my 2020 review):

1) what is the relationship between your Slip-Boxes and your habit tracking?
2) Do you write end-of-the-year reviews?
3) How do you use your Zettelkasten to compile your yearly retrospective?
4) Do you grow your collection of prompts, templates, and questions, to facilitate the report writing?

Year review writing habits
  1. Do you use your Zettelkasten to write your year review?9 votes
    1. Yes
      22.22%
    2. No. I write my year review without using my Zettelkasten.
      22.22%
    3. No, I don't write any year review.
      55.56%

Comments

• I am interested in seeing how people use their Zettelkastens. Thanks for posting this poll.

• edited January 2021

I don't write a year in review, but maybe I should :smile:

1) what is the relationship between your Slip-Boxes and your habit tracking? I do however have a tiny little "tracker" in my Zettelkasten. I track added notes on my "frontpage" so I can see note-adding-stats for past week and month. Picture: