Zettelkasten Forum

What are you working on this week (2020-12-07 - 2020-12-14)?

Just getting this one started

Comments

• Thanks, @jeannelking, for starting this thread. It is nice to hear what everyone is up to. Me, I'm blessed with the richness of an overflowing #inbox. I'm participating in a small writing challenge which takes attention each day. I have one more writing assignment for ENGL316, which is due Sunday. I'm finding that I want to slow down and linger on the ideas in my #inbox, but by slowing down, the train of ideas piles up behind me like a locomotive gone off the tracks. New ideas are sneaking up on me while I'm trying to focus deeply on current ideas. I feel lucky to have discovered the zettelkasten method for capturing these elusive creatures.

I'll spend time this week testing the newest iteration of The Archive, hunting for bugs.

I'm fiddling with my morning routine, prioritizing ideation time, and easing up on personal journaling. We'll see where this goes.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• I've spend the last few weeks digging into some "problems": some hard to explain issues with some experimental data, which finally seems to yield an answer. None of this is really Zettelkasten-work, but I do find it interesting from a knowledge work point-of-view. This "investigative" work requires quite a bit of interrogation with the data and I couldn't make sense of it. After another round in the lab and being limited in what measurements I could do, I realized that the answer to my question was already present within my prior measurements.

A nice reminder to both confirm "the obvious", take things step by step and to see the bigger picture :smile: