Zettelkasten Forum

The Archive v1.5.7 (Beta)

Read the post: https://zettelkasten.de/posts/the-archive-v1.5.7//
  • Fixed: Icon selection for Saved Searches on macOS 10.11 El Capitan didn’t display the built-in icons.
  • Fixed: Sidebar widths (and visibility settings) are remember next time you start the app.
  • Fixed: The Quick Entry Helper doesn’t error-out when you try to create a file that has way too many characters for macOS to handle, resulting in loss of data of the form. You can now fix the problem and try again.
  • Fixed: When you hit Enter in the Omnibar and a new file would be created, you’ll get a warning that the file name is too long instead of a file creation error.
  • Fixed: Visibility of the Quick Entry helper in dark mode.
  • Changed: When you try to rename a note and exceed macOS’s file name length limit, you geta visual feedback while you type and the app won’t let you commit the name change. This also prevents “could not rename” errors from popping up.
  • Changed: The Quick Entry Helper shows the auto-generated file name based on IDs in the form, instead of generating a surprise ID after you click “Create”.
  • New: Command-click [[wiki links]] and #hashtags to open the result in a new tab.
  • New: Follow links at the cursor position with a keyboard shortcut.
  • New: Jump to the next link in the text with a keyboard shortcut. This feature tastes best when combined with the new “follow link” command.

Comments

• edited October 2020

I bet y'all enjoy opening of links using the keyboard the most :) If you find anything weird, just report it here.

A slightly improved version (with "Jump to Previous Link") will go up on the website and through all update channels next week.

Post edited by ctietze on

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• 🐞 Fixed: Sidebar widths (and visibility settings) are remember next time you start the app.

🎉 thank you so much for this!! I am looking forward to 1.6!

• Thanks for the update, Christian!

Just wanted to report a couple of weird things:

• When command-clicking a link (hashtag or UID) TA opens a new tab with (All Notes) and sets it as the active tab, while the original tab displays the results of the search. I was expecting the current tab to remain as is, and a new tab to be opened with the results.
    • Tabbing links with control-tab (which I didn't even know I needed!) works great, but when using control-shift-tab to navigate to the prior link only selects the search bar (but this probably has to do with the "Jump to Previous Link" that you mentioned).

I'm using 10.13.6 with 1.5.7 (162).

• Thanks for reporting this quirk, @Darryl will see to fix this in the upcoming days!

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• No prob @ctietze, looking forward to the update, thanks again!

• Thanks @ctietze for this very useful update! I especially enjoy the possibility to open a [[wiki link]] in a new tab.

Regarding: Follow links at the cursor position with a keyboard shortcut.

A suggestion: when the link is a [[wiki link]], add the possibility to open it in a new tab, with a default shortcut like CTRL+CMD+L.