Zettelkasten Forum

Holy crap, Keyboard Maestro is the JAM

edited September 2020 in Workflows

I'd seen folks like @Will post about Keyboard Maestro before, and I thought it seemed like too much. But holy crap I feel like I've cracked the efficiency code with this thing. It super-charges The Archive, and kind of everything else. If you're a KM user, what are your favorite macros?

Some of my favorites right now:

• Cut to new zettel (cuts current text in a note and copies it to a new note, creates UID, creates title, renames the note, etc.)
  • New Zettel (from anywhere) - Similar to the quick entry that comes stock with TA, but this one creates a note, a UID, adds my #Inbox tag, and renames the note based on the title I give the note in the creation process (using a prompt window that pops up to ask me for the title and tags)
  • Check off tasks. I like to use my Zettelkasten for GTD task management stuff. Sometimes I need checklists, so I use the - [ ] format for tasks. I set up a macro to check the current line for - [ ] and replace it with - [x]. It also works the other way around, un-checking tasks as well.

Okay your turn.

Comments

• @joegilder said:
    I'd seen folks like @Will post about Keyboard Maestro before, and I thought it seemed like too much. But holy crap I feel like I've cracked the efficiency code with this thing. It super-charges The Archive, and kind of everything else. If you're a KM user, what are your favorite macros?

I agree entirely. I started off as a reluctant "convert" but quickly adapted to using some of Will's macros. I'm taking the Keyboard Maestro video course offered by McSparky now, and it's an eye-opener. There is so much potential for this program - pretty much only limited by your imagination.