Zettelkasten Forum

Formatting a structure note

2»

Comments

• @Will Thanks, that's interesting. Nothing too extraordinary then ;)

• @Vinho I forgot to mention that there are a plethora of symbols you can use and Mac has a tool for exposing them. "Show Emoji & Symbols" You probably already knew this.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• @Will I already knew – was looking for a way to find them on the keyboard to have easier access. But thanks anyway :) And thanks in general for your helpful, extensive, well thought through and personal posts in this forum – always a joy reading them!

• @Vinho said:
    @Will I already knew – was looking for a way to find them on the keyboard to have easier access.

Yes, easy is key to use.

The particular symbol that started all this is a straight forward ⌥8 on the US keyboard. Pictured below is a gif that shows the System Preferences for the keyboard and what all the Option Keys translate into. I also use text replacement for some things and Keyboard Maestro's simple text replacement.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com