Zettelkasten Forum

Hello from The Netherlands

Hello everyone,

I am really excited about finding the Zettelkasten website in the first place and this extraordinary forum in the second place. Not exactly sure why, but the ideas presented here and the people presenting them really resonate with me. It may have to do with being an information manager. Or because I'm drawn towards minimalism (from Zen Buddhism and Plain Text to The Minimalists and Essentialism by McKeown). Probably both. Or because of my background in Computer Science.

I have used TA for about 2 months now and I am over the moon with this wonderful piece of software. Just started by 'dumping my brain'. For starters: recipes, Zettels about knowledge management, and novel writing. I have also migrated my To Do list to a Plain Text version, using SwifttoDo Desktop (based on the simple but effective todo.txt format). "So much to do, so little time..."

Hopefully I can make some contributions to this community. Giving and taking in action.

Happy Zettling and cheers,
Edward

Weniger, aber besser

Comments

• @Dalmulder Welcome, from a fellow newbie. Your enthusiastic comments reflect my feelings exactly.

• @Dalmulder - Welcome. I look forward to hearing about your journey as you progress integrating "Zen Buddhism and Plain Text to The Minimalists and Essentialism by McKeown" with "recipes, Zettels about knowledge management, and novel writing" into your Zettelkasten.

We are kindred spirits.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com