Zettelkasten Forum

Visual-Zettel-Sorting-Mode?

While I dig into digital Zettelkasten, a major advantage of analog Zettels seems to me, that you can lay a couple of them on your table to view them in parallel. Is there a way to select ten Zettel and put them on a virtual desktop where you can arrange them and then create a linear hierarchy (flat hierarchy 1-2-3 or nested Zettel hierarchy 1-1.1.-1.2.-2-2.1-2.2-2.3)?

Comments

• There are two approaches I can think of: (1) MultiMarkdown's transclusion mechanism which allows you to include the contents of another note using certain markup; (2) dragging the notes into Scrivener and turning on the Corkboard View, which essentially transforms them into index cards laid out on a virtual corkboard. I think the latter would be a lot more elegant, but of course, the configurations would not reflect back into your plain-text collection.

• @Privid said:
    There are two approaches I can think of: (1) MultiMarkdown's transclusion mechanism which allows you to include the contents of another note using certain markup; (2) dragging the notes into Scrivener and turning on the Corkboard View, which essentially transforms them into index cards laid out on a virtual corkboard.

yes, I would like to be able to draw connections and have them inserted as links on my Zettels. Probably this would be some extension of a concept map tool, where I have access to all my Zettels. Carl Bereiter und Marlene Scardamalia developed KnowledgeForum back in the late 80s/early90s, which had such a concept (http://www.knowledgeforum.com <- it's no longer developed any further).
    hmmm… this means some combination of ConceptMapping tool and The Archive is needed for this… would be a very nice feature to add to the Archive :)