Zettelkasten Forum

How well does The Archive scale?

I am definitely loving using "The Archive". I have just started, and my Zettelkasten has a mere 46 notes.

A question for folks with a 1000+ notes in a single folder: do you run into noticeable speed issues because of this?

While I don't expect to reach that scale any time soon, maybe I can maintain certain hygiene early on in my notes to delay latter slowness. Anything you wish you had known when you started?

Thanks!

Comments

• I don't remember how many notes our test archive had. With my 9489 notes there are zero issues. There can be some issues with very big files with a lot of markup which will be solved (only the very big files will be slowed down a bit and the rest of the archive is not affected).

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha said:
    I don't remember how many notes our test archive had. With my 9489 notes there are zero issues. There can be some issues with very big files with a lot of markup which will be solved (only the very big files will be slowed down a bit and the rest of the archive is not affected).

Good to know, thanks!

• edited September 2020

Tested it with over 45k and it still works :) With the upcoming editor update, it will work even faster.

Post edited by ctietze on

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @ctietze said:
    Tested it with over 45k and it still works :) With the upcoming editor update, it will wok even faster.

Any hints?