Zettelkasten Forum

Partial sync between computers

I'm have my Zettelkasten on Dropbox, synced to two different computers. Some of the Zettels are more private, and I would like to exclude them on my computer at work.

Any suggestions on how to achive this? A dream scenario would be if I could have all notes tagged #private excluded from my computer at work.

Comments

• @thoresson said:
    I have my Zettelkasten on Dropbox, synced to two different computers. Some of the Zettels are more private, and I would like to exclude them on my computer at work.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this? A dream scenario would be if I could have all notes tagged #private excluded from my computer at work.

The only way that I know how to do that is to have the private Zettels in a separate folder, as you can choose which folders to sync and not sync on a particular computer, in Dropbox. But that means having two different Zettelkastens, if you are using The Archive - unless there is some way to have The Archive access two folders at the same time, combining them into one ZK. Maybe that is a request that we could submit to @ctietze and @Sascha?

• I thought of the same. I have a set up in mind for my "write a book in public"-project. The outline is that:

1. Asign each public note a tag. (##projectname)
    2. Set up a script that regularly copys the tagged notes into a folder (overwriting them if necessary)
    3. (Might be unnecessary for you) Create a simple single document from the notes with the help of an outline note to make it more pleasant to the eye.

I am a Zettler