Zettelkasten Forum

Q&A with short video answers

Hi folks,

I included a Q&A Section in the upcoming 2nd edition. I have the following proposal for you: You send me your questions and I'll give you a short (<3min) video answer.

Live long and prosper
Sascha

I am a Zettler

Comments

• Are you planning on sharing these videos with the community?

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• @Sascha said:
    Hi folks,

I included a Q&A Section in the upcoming 2nd edition. I have the following proposal for you: You send me your questions and I'll give you a short (<3min) video answer.

Thanks for this invitation Sascha. My questions are pretty basic and are really all tied together. You could probably handle them all in one video :)

1. What is the best way to just "get started" on a Zettelkasten?
    2. What are some tips for writing a good Zettel?
    3. Can you explain the different kinds of Zettels and give examples of where you would use each?
  • @Will said:
    Are you planning on sharing these videos with the community?

Yes, of course. :smile: All vids will be publicly available on the channel.

I am a Zettler

• How to write good titles?
    • How to write good "title-descriptions" for links (when we are linking to another note and writing down some short description of that connection)?
  • Are zettel like moose, both singular and plural?
    Or are zettels like dogs, a pack of dogs (plural), and a thread of zettels (also plural)?
    Grammarians wonder.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• maybe a filosóficas question, but I was wondering when a permanent note is truly permanent.

my first Zettel uid: 202008120915

• Is there any specific practices you do to encourage or find useful connections between your notes?

Often times I find the majority of my connections being obvious or not particularly insightful ones.

• Here's one sure to stump you. Why do so many forum members have cat pictures for their avatars?

Ops, never mind. I just noticed that you might be looking for questions related to the "Q&A Section in the upcoming 2nd edition" and answerable in a 3 min. video. Good luck.

Will Simpson
    kestrelcreek.com

• Zettelkasten folks talk a lot about the method, the tactics, and the tools, but its easy to lose track of the end goal. Other than being more organized, what practical outcomes can people expect from incorporating Zettelkasten into their lives?

• Thanks for the questions so far. I let this thread open for two days to make it a week. Then I'll start making the videos.

I am a Zettler

• Thanks for the question. I'll get to the videos in a couple of days.

I am a Zettler

• So, the videos are recorded. Next: Learning how to use screen flow (for some eye candy).

I am a Zettler

This discussion has been closed.