Zettelkasten Forum

What are you working on this week? (2020-sep-07 to 2020-sep-13)

What are your plans and projects for the coming week?

I'm reading a bunch of papers slightly adjacent to my previous work. It'll be interesting to see how the connections and notes in my Zettelkasten change because of this. There is a lot of potential to rethink contexts.

Comments

• Finishing the Q&A Series on Exercise.
    • Advancing with the introduction article for this page.
    • Outlining a blogpost on Structure Notes.
    • Writing a review on a book on cold adaptation and therapy.

• Process a section (in a book) on how the brain calculates risk and reward.
    • Creating closed flows (or complexes) for mobility cardio

I am a Zettler

• My knowledge work schedule as I start the week. It won't be the same by the end of the week, I hope.

• Process notes from Environmental and Nature Writing
    • Process notes from Deep Work
    • Process presentation on The Power of Regret
    • Continue reading Dutch historian, Rutger Bregman's Humankind: A Hopeful History
    • Continue with the 6th edit of my book

• Continue work on developing my secret project :wink:
    • Work in the shop, advancing my box making skills
    • Various class assignments

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Just finished writing an article on "Friendships" - the first bit of writing that has evolved from my Zettelkasten, and that not as a project but flowing out of the ZK in an organic manner. That was instructive - gave me some ideas on how to improve Zettel writing and connections. I've sent it off to some most critical readers (my kids and a few of the older grandkids) for comments; hoping it generates discussion.

Otherwise, continuing to go through a course on Keyboard Maestro and learning a lot. It's funny how you don't really value something properly until you understand more about it or use it in more than just a superficial manner.

• Still working on my final paper as a grad student, as well as my dissertation.

Until I've got those big projects off my plate, I'm keeping my reading light. I'm working on How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster. It's just a lighthearted summary of a lot of the topics that are discussed in lower level english classes, but it's nice to have a refresher. I would like to be more critical in my reading of fiction, and this book is reminding me of ways to do that.