Zettelkasten Forum

Auratikum

edited February 2018 in Software & Gadgets

A web-based, subscription-model Zettelkasten sounds like a really bad idea, but I'm still curious whether they've implemented any handy features that might be adapted to a system where the user has more control. Has anyone tried Auratikum?

Post edited by Sascha on

Comments

• edited January 2018

Thanks for the pointer to Auratikum.

It looks like a tool for students who work project-oriented.

As long as there is no export feature to get notes out of Auratikum in a standard format it sure is not fit for use as a life long zettelkasten.

But it looks quite nice as a blend between Evernote and Scrivener with some additional features thrown in.

• edited February 2018

Hi there,

I am one of the developers of Auratikum and happy to write, that due to extensive user feedback regarding the backup functionality, we implemented a full backup option. The backup is not encrypted and you can download a simple json file (references in CSL json format) that can be used to restore your zettelkasten or to use it by yourself (for example, write a simple script that creates plain-text .txt files for each note like Sascha Fasts structure - should be 10 lines of python code).

Let me know if you have any other concerns or feature requests, the system is quite new and we are happy to develop more features :smile:

Give it a try: https://auratikum.de/

• Hi there, it's me again!

A lot of things have changed since 02/2018 and Auratikum has grown fast! Since you have been talking about Auratikum on one of the first releases, we would love to give you a 15% voucher code that works with all given plans: AUR-ZKN-2FM

Beside the backup option that I mentioned in my last post, Auratikum offers Word and LaTex exports as well.