Zettelkasten Forum

drawings

The worst thing about a Zettelkasten is that it is limited to text. Often, an idea exists as an image. I need to explain a thought concisely, but I need to often produce an image that conveys the same idea, and I need to see that drawing with the text. Sociologists might get away with text only (their box-and-arrow flow diagrams often don't make things clearer), but I need pictures and diagrams and visualizations, and I need to create them myself and hone them and update them. So I need a zettelkasten that I can draw in, like on paper.

nvalt isn't enough, I can't render all my notes in Marked 2 when browsing through them. I'm trying out Bear, which means I have an additional database that Finder/Foxtrot/Leap/Yep can't access ... and I need to use a phone to add a drawing to a Bear note. not convenient. Apple Notes has the same issues.

let's see how nvUltra and the new Archive will look when they contain images with previews. Maybe even keynote files with previews. or Tayasui Sketches .skt files or anything that can be updated from inside the note. But png screenshots in a zettel would already be great. with relative paths. that would be very cool.

Comments

• You will be served. There will be more to image than just intext preview that is not published yet.

I am a Zettler

• @blauenflügeln:

... and I need to use a phone to add a drawing to a Bear note. not convenient. Apple Notes has the same issues.

Uh? On my Macs I can add drawings to Apple Notes just quite well. What's your problem with that?

So I need a zettelkasten that I can draw in, like on paper.

Same here. I settled on HTML for that reason. My ZK is just a local website with all the power of the web at my disposal.

• @Sascha said:
    You will be served. There will be more to image than just intext preview that is not published yet.

thanks, looking forward to this!

• @Perikles said:

@blauenflügeln:

... and I need to use a phone to add a drawing to a Bear note. not convenient. Apple Notes has the same issues.

Uh? On my Macs I can add drawings to Apple Notes just quite well. What's your problem with that?

I don't see a canvas. I think I can markup an existing image, so I'd need to make a white jpg canvas or the like to import.

So I need a zettelkasten that I can draw in, like on paper.

Same here. I settled on HTML for that reason. My ZK is just a local website with all the power of the web at my disposal.

so you can draw? or add drawings, I suppose. or link to local files, probably, and click to open and modify. (But even if it would do that it would be too much to learn to write my notes in html. )