Zettelkasten Forum

Navigating from the OmniBar to the Note List?

I'm experimenting with a new workflow and have not found a way to get from the OmniBar being active, moving the focus to the Note List without mousing. Is this possible with a keyboard shortcut or a menu item? A tab moves the focus past the Note List directly to the editor. Select Previous and Next Note work to move up and down the note list but keep the focus in the OmniBar. My goal is to use ⌘A to select all the notes in the Note List, but this requires the focus to be in the Note List.

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• Your observations are correct: tabbing will take you to the editor, but not the the note list. When we adapted Notational Velocity's behavior in the early development stages, we introduced this and never revisited the tab-order. Shift-tab from the Omnibar will take you to the navigation buttons, but not to the note list (anymore). I've took note of this discussion so we can revisit this decision as it makes some automation tasks harder to pull off.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• There is a simple workaround until we discuss this issue:

cmd+r takes you to the note liste but with the filename in edit-mode. Enter quits edit-mode and you will keep the focus in the notes list. Next is cmd+a. Et voilá.

I am a Zettler

• Thanks. This workaround suffices for now and will fit into my exploratory workflow.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com