Zettelkasten Forum

[REQUEST] ⌘X to cut entire line

edited December 2019 in The Archive

In Sublime Text, it's very convenient to cut an entire line by with ⌘X, without having to select the entire line first. If The Archive had this feature, you would be able to rearrange the contents of structure zettels without lifting your fingers from the keyboard (and breaking the flow of the work).

Post edited by ctietze on

Comments

• Interesting! I do like the ability to perform actions on a per-line basis in general. To move lines up and down, which I'd be using to reorder outlines as well most of the time, is on my task list for the near future. When I implement that, we can have a second look at this.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• What I like about the plain text approach is that it is editor agnostic. While I love the Archive for being able to quickly create links and read my notes, if I am creating more complex documents, I prefer to open up the note in VIM or some other text editor. Text manipulation is much more sophisticated in VIM or Emacs (.org mode). Does any one else use a separate text editor to write their notes ?

• @NiranS said:
    What I like about the plain text approach is that it is editor agnostic. While I love the Archive for being able to quickly create links and read my notes, if I am creating more complex documents, I prefer to open up the note in VIM or some other text editor. Text manipulation is much more sophisticated in VIM or Emacs (.org mode). Does any one else use a separate text editor to write their notes ?

Yes, kind of. I use Textmate for some text manipulations.

But don't worry. In version 2 there will be a quite extended text manipulation functioniology. :smile:

I am a Zettler