Zettelkasten Forum

Three Layers of Evidence

imageThree Layers of Evidence

The Zettelkasten note-taking method has made book writing and writing scientific papers easy for hundreds of years already.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Great deep dive into creative knowledge work. This is the reason I stick around this forum, to be exposed to nuggets like this. I love the actionable flavor of the post. Thank you @sfast. You and @ctietze are an inspiration to up my game and improve my thinking practices. I'm certain I'm not alone in my appreciation for these gifts.

The Zettelkasten Method is the concrete manifestation of the abstract principles of good thinking practices and knowledge creation.

Will Simpson
    kestrelcreek.com

• Hypothesis: drowning in swimming pools and electricity consumption (for air conditioning) are both driven by extended warm weather.

• Great post @sfast. Much appreciated. The clear explanation of the three layers, how they relate to one another, and the practical examples were very instructive. Being able to see how the synthesis layer varies depending on the data and the interpretation of it (which both remain constant), was a big help. (It seems like you're really dialing in your interpretation and application of the ZK method. Can't wait for the course!)

• Thanks for your kind words.

@Eurobubba To many factors. Heightened wealth and prosperity could contribute as well.