Zettelkasten Forum

Share with us what ideas you're grappling with this week. July 29, 2023

Another installment of the What Are You Working On? thread.
Here's your chance to join the community and enlighten us about your knowledge path trajectory. I do this for selfish reasons. It helps me clarify my goals and visualize my thinking. And sometimes a conversation sparks an idea worth exploring.

What I'm reading:

1. Cage, John. Diary: how to improve the world ; (you will only make matters worse). 2015. Physical (Crazy)
  2. Leland, Andrew. The country of the blind: a memoir at the end of sight. 2023. Kindle
  3. Gallagher, Winifred. Rapt: attention and the focused life. 2010. Audible

What I am programming:

1. Refining ZK trending
  2. Python & APIs: A Winning Combo for Reading Public Data – Real Python

What I'm listening to:

1. Regina Carter
  2. Twin Sons of Different Mothers

The "My ten-day zettel production" is produced by a script for attachment to my daily journaling template. I do my journaling in Bear to keep personal journaling separate from my knowledge work.

My rolling ten day zettel production

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• @Will
    You often have such interesting-sounding books! Sometimes I pursue one, but mostly, not enough time. I'm impressed that you can identify and process so much material :wink:

• Reading

• Woodman - Good Habits, Bad Habits
    • Storr - The Science of Storytelling

Writing

• The Best Habit Book Ever.
    • On Levels of Consciousness (an inquiry of Peter Sage's model)

Studying

• Working on how habits are represented by connecting Wood's work with the reinforcement sensitivity theory and Jordan Peterson's work on meaning. Currently, at a frustrating point. Kinda feels how the Amberites walk the pattern and hitting a resistance wall, I imagine.
    • Doing research on distributed training (e.g. hourly 5min workouts)

Creating

• The Second Edition is in its final steps (Christian is doing the LaTeX type setting) that means the next steps can be taking with the Zettelkasten Project. The English translation will be started immediately after the content is not open to any changes.
    • The workshop 101 is the gateway to the universals of thinking with notes. The follow-up workshop for people interested in going really deep in developing an individual thought is already taking its form.

Listening

• Mostly the songs I make up for my daughter. The more annoying, the more she likes it. I guess I am in a mental trench war. However, I never lost a mental battle in my life that is based on persistence. So, my hope is that I'll survive until my offspring will surpass me.
    • Right now: Chrono Trigger Symphonics

I am a Zettler