Zettelkasten Forum

Every Step in the Process Must be Knowledge-Based Value Creation

imageEvery Step in the Process Must be Knowledge-Based Value Creation

Does the Zettelkasten feel like extra work? This doesn't have to be so.

Read the full story here

Comments

• My desired output is written inferences.

Inferences can be causal or logical.

I know that I have done valuable work when I have extracted from texts I've read, or created from my own thinking, causal inferences, in which causes are linked to their effects, or logical inferences, in which premises are linked to their conclusions.

So, method 1 is better than method 2 if, when employing it, I write more inferences per unit time.

• Can you give an example of "link contexts" / precise link descriptions?

• edited January 2023

Theory Y includes contradicting position that assumes the premise of this argument false. So, this thesis depends on theory Y being false. For a detailed description see here: [[202301190201]] Reminder: Make sure to adress this when you draw conclusions from this thesis.

I am a Zettler

• @do_the_thing Also check out the explanation and example here: https://zettelkasten.de/introduction/#connecting-zettel

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• "Every step in the process must be knowledge-based value creation" is so high an ideal that the thought of adhering to it brings to mind this quote:

It is indeed a deplorable sight, a deplorable example, for the people, who so need to be encouraged, in their bitter toil, and to have before their eyes manifestations of strength only, of courage and joy, without which they might collapse, at the end of the day, and roll on the ground.
    ― Samuel Beckett, Molloy

Meaning that if I had to adhere to it, I would collapse and roll on the ground.

GitHub. Erdős #2. CC BY-SA 4.0. Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back. -- Piet Hein. Armchair theorists unite, you have nothing to lose but your meetings! --Phil Edwards

• @ZettelDistraction said:
    Meaning that if I had to adhere to it, I would collapse and roll on the ground.

Yes; so would I. I prefer to enjoy the journey. Having a goal is a lot different than insisting on reaching perfection. :wink:

• There is no must in curiosity, discovery, and creativity. Not for me, anyway.