Zettelkasten Forum

Is The Archive appropriate for non-developers?

From a few of the posts I've read about The Archive, I'm getting the impression that everyone has computer development
knowledge? I'm now wondering whether this is appropriate to use for someone with hardly any development knowledge?
looked at a thread about shortcuts, and some of the conversation may as well have been in Martian for all the sense it made
to me!
I've only created a few notes so far; but if a certain level of computer jargon is required in order to use this, then would I be better off to try Obsidian instead?

Comments

• It should not be required; it's just that people like @Will have acquired quite a lot of scripting skills over the years to customize their workflows with Keyboard Maestro, and also Python and shell scripts.

If you find you cannot do something you want to do, just ask! The worst thing that could happen is that we add a feature to make things easier in the future :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @Eskie Definitely not; I have very little computer coding skills. I just use the The Archive as it comes, out of the box. It suits my needs.

The KeyBoard Maestro macros that @Will and others have developed might make your workflow more efficient. But I only write a few zettels a week, so that is not an issue for me :smile:

The Archive is really simple to use. I've tried other software but settled on TA for that reason.

• That's great to hear. Thanks for your replies

@ctietze said:
    If you find you cannot do something you want to do, just ask! The worst thing that could happen is that we add a feature to make things easier in the future :)

:lol:

• @Eskie I am a certified dimwit when it comes to coding. And, of course, use The Archive with great joy. :)

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha said:
    @Eskie I am a certified dimwit when it comes to coding. And, of course, use The Archive with great joy. :)

Looks like you may have competition in the dimwit stakes! :lol: