Trouble Setting Reminder to Review Zettel (using KM, AppleScript, Reminders)
This post may belong better on the KM or AppleScript forums, but I thought I'd ask here first mainly because I bet someone will have a far easier process than I'm trying to build.
After writing a Zettel in The Archive, I want to remind myself to review it in a day, and after that, remind myself for a few days later. A progressive review kind of thing.
I have a KM macro that:
- Prompts me for the number of days, from a pre-made list.
- Writes a tag (#ReviewXDays, where X is the number of days) to an inserted 2nd line on the Zettel
- Copies the Zettel's h1 (from the 3rd character to the end of the line)
- Creates an Apple reminder "Review such-and-such Zettel" with a due date of the number of days out
It all works except the calculated Reminders date at the very end. I think it must be either a variable type problem, or a syntax problem in the AppleScript. I have a temporary KM Action before the last step that displays the date I'm trying to use. If I simply copy that (correct-looking) result and paste it as a constant string in the final KM action, it works. It just won't accept the variable version of that date.
The error is some variation of "execution error: reminders got an error: can't get date (1/27/2022)", depending on the tweaks I've tried in the script syntax.
- created some kind of progressive review automation for themselves that's better than this
- worked with pushing a due date to Reminders via AppleScript
The image is of the last few actions, where the "make new reminder" line in the AppleScript is where I fail.
...and here is my KM macro (1st time sharing, hope I do this right):
Thank you all.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!