Zettelkasten Forum

Saved search for tags

Hello fellow zettelnauts,

I use the ##tag method from Sasha to signify a root link or parent link attached to a note. When I search for ## I also get all the H2 sections.
So I changed all my ##links to @#links, is there a way to have a saved search with a joker like to catch every terms beginning with @# like @#$ or @#catchall?

To organize myself I use ttt to signify a note as a terrain in french, meaning field, for me they work not like hubs. And I have the feeling I would appreciate to have a saved search with ttt AND my root tags to get an idea of where my energy is going.

Thank you

Comments

• No, there's no wildcard or regular expressions, but when you search for @# you will get all matches anyway, no matter what comes before or after these characters. The wildcard is the default, so to speak.

-- I originally wanted to suggest to try ## AND NOT "## " but that excludes all notes with a heading (note the space after the latter double hash). Guess that's a benefit of using a "this is an overview" ##ü2 marker for all structure notes I hadn't had in mind: disambiguation with "##" in front of headings :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• edited October 2021

You could invest some labour and search for "##a", "##b", etc.

To how many notes did you asign a strong tag?

There you go (no worries. Tried my hacking skillz and did it not by hand):

"##a" and "##b" and "##c" and "##d" and "##e" and "##f" and "##g" and "##h" and "##i" and "##j" and "##k" and "##l" and "##m" and "##n" and "##o" and "##p" and "##q" and "##r" and "##s" and "##t" and "##u" and "##v" and "##w" and "##x" and "##y" and "##z" and

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha said:
    You could invest some labour and search for "##a", "##b", etc.

To how many notes did you asign a strong tag?

There you go (no worries. Tried my hacking skillz and did it not by hand):

"##a" and "##b" and "##c" and "##d" and "##e" and "##f" and "##g" and "##h" and "##i" and "##j" and "##k" and "##l" and "##m" and "##n" and "##o" and "##p" and "##q" and "##r" and "##s" and "##t" and "##u" and "##v" and "##w" and "##x" and "##y" and "##z" and

Thank you very much, I used this technique, just changed AND to OR and it work as planned.

• Ha! Or is a bit better. :D

I am a Zettler