Zettelkasten Forum

Working notes (as in notes related to working)

Does anyone use a zettelkasten for their day-to-day work? For example, taking notes on meetings and the like?

I'm curious. In my role I find my reading notes often come in handy because I am asked to articulate a position or make some recommendation on something, but I think it would feel strange to start to have a mass of notes on the internal workings of my employer. I wonder if this is something people do, or if they keep it more for personal projects (or for those spaces where the personal and professional overlap).

Comments

• Just another (set of) structured notes to several (work related) notes

• Yes. I use it to process knowledge created in meetings, use it to manage my clients (health, fitness and Zettelkasten Method) etc. I have dedicated notes on people I know and psychological profiles etc.

The Zettelkasten Method is how I process knowledge in general.

I am a Zettler

• I use NotePlan 3 for taking meeting notes, jotting down project ideas, etc. NotePlan has a note-taking side that is entirely compatible with Zettelkasting. But I keep those notes separate from my main ZK, which is maintained in The Archive. Occasionally some work items find their way into my ZK, but those are technical concepts that I wish to capture / discuss and have at my fingertips for use.

• @GeoEng51 said:
    I use NotePlan 3 for taking meeting notes, jotting down project ideas, etc. NotePlan has a note-taking side that is entirely compatible with Zettelkasting. But I keep those notes separate from my main ZK, which is maintained in The Archive. Occasionally some work items find their way into my ZK, but those are technical concepts that I wish to capture / discuss and have at my fingertips for use.

This is exactly what I do too, @GeoEng51! Quite enjoying NP3.

Started ZK 4.2018. "The path is at your feet, see? Now carry on."