Zettelkasten Forum

Question on using macOS text replacement

Hello!

Hopefully not too naïve a question -- is there a way to make standard macOS text replacement work in The Archive? I have a lot of shortcuts I'd like to use that are kept in sync via iCloud, but I can't seem to get them to work when I try to use them in The Archive.

Comments

• @dhmspector Turn on Text Replacements found in Subsitutions under the Edit Menu. Should work.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Thought of that, It's already enabled...

• @dhmspector said:
    Thought of that, It's already enabled...

I had the same question. Double-check that setting an restart the app. Worked for me.

• @dhmspector said:
    Thought of that, It's already enabled...

Not working for me either. I'm on v. 1.5.5 of TA.

• @GeoEng51 said:
    Not working for me either. I'm on v. 1.5.5 of TA.

Works for me. I'm on v. 1.5.5 of TA. All I did was tick "Text Replacement" and maybe a restart or reboot, I don't remember.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Yeah, looks like it took a reboot to fix it. Thanks again for the suggestion!