Zettelkasten Forum

Is there a tool or script to 'read' tags in .md files and duplicate to a new folder?

Hi, just a really idle pondering right now - but is there a tool / script that will 'read' a folder of markdown / files, identify those that contain a #tag (or, ideally, a number of tags in an AND search) and duplicate to a new folder?

Comments

• Oh yes. The Archive can do this. Enter the tag or tags or any desired search criteria in the Omni Bar and select all the notes in the Note List (⌘ A) then right-click on the selection and select "Reveal in Finder". Once in finder, under File select, New Folder with Selection (⌃⌘ N) and a new folder with copies of the notes will be created.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• @Will said:
    Oh yes. The Archive can do this. Enter the tag or tags or any desired search criteria in the Omni Bar and select all the notes in the Note List (⌘ A) then right-click on the selection and select "Reveal in Finder". Once in finder, under File select, New Folder with Selection (⌃⌘ N) and a new folder with copies of the notes will be created.

Oh, that's neat. And an easy solution! Thanks Will!