Zettelkasten Forum

What are you working on? January 5, 2023

My zettelkasting input has slowed. I've been thinking about my good friend here, reading Italo Calvino, and doing some programming. I'm getting ready for the start of the spring semester at the University of Idaho.

What have you been up to?

Titles and a one-sentence summary of atomic zettel. These are the ideas I'm currently wrestling with. They represent a 7-day window of new notes.

This is generated with nothing held back. I would love to talk to you about anything on this list. If any of this is of interest to you, please start a thread here, DM me, or get in touch via email.

1. Memoing
    - Thoughtful annotation of quoted narrative fragments.
  2. Saving Quotations in the ZK
    - Quotes are ok to save as ZK fodder when properly introduced, but not too many.
  3. @lru_cache
  4. Bookography 2023
  5. Construction, Efficiency, and Production Systems
    - This note is in a rough draft stage
  6. How-to Interstitial Journaling
    - This helps with daily review and corrals ideas, so they don't escape.
  7. POV shapes stories
    - Establish a POV quickly in a story and stick to it unless there is an excellent reason to switch.
  8. Smart Sketchnoting
    - Sketchnoting is an extension of note-making that helps clarify complex ideas and concepts.

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• edited January 2023

My Zettelkasten growth has slowed (that's the only thing I can measure a.t.m.)

Date # Zettel
    2022-10-01 7908
    2022-11-01 7966
    2022-12-01 8012
    2023-01-01 8036

I'm preparing to move into a new apartment with my fiancée in February. So even though the holidays are over, we're in a reflective mood: reviewing things that can we can give away or sell or trash. Shrinking before the move (and the almost inevitable expansion into the new space).

The areas of life recent notes and edits are about are 70% family and garden and home related.

On the blog, we're trying out something in the upcoming days. I fiddled with the site to prepare this, and had a lot to read through. I also need to read a lot at the day job this week and the previous one in order to assemble a technical documentation (which, to my surprise, is a lot harder than my usual technical writing projects).

I'm really happy to see weekly check-ins here again :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/