Zettelkasten Forum

Importing to Archive from Obsidian

Hi! I'm really thrilled to share that I just bought my first Macbook - 70% of the reason was so that I could use the Archive. Wanted to know what are the onboarding steps, what kind of tips and tricks you have been using to maximize experience, and most importantly how I can import my notes from Obsidian to Archive.

Would love to know anything else you can share to help me start my note taking journey on the Archive :smiley:

Comments

• There is no importing needed! Just point The Archive at the same directory your obsidian notes are stored in. Assuming you have a single directory with no subdirectories, it should just work (I use both The Archive and Obsidian on the same files all the time).

• @AayushPriyank said:
    what kind of tips and tricks you have been using to maximize experience

I recommend pairing The Archive and your MAC experience with Keyboard Maestro. Keyboard Maestro will fill in your custom workflow.

Will Simpson
    My zettelkasten is for my ideas, not the ideas of others. I don’t want to waste my time tinkering with my ZK; I’d rather dive into the work itself. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon, I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• @mediapathic said:
    There is no importing needed! Just point The Archive at the same directory your obsidian notes are stored in. Assuming you have a single directory with no subdirectories, it should just work (I use both The Archive and Obsidian on the same files all the time).

How do I point the archive to the directory? Please dumb it down for me [click this, then select this].

• First, run The Archive.
    Then...

Select your notes directory.

Viola
    Easy peasy. 123

Will Simpson
    My zettelkasten is for my ideas, not the ideas of others. I don’t want to waste my time tinkering with my ZK; I’d rather dive into the work itself. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon, I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com