Zettelkasten Forum

A love letter to The Archive

edited August 8 in The Archive

Hi folks,

I've been using The Archive as my primary note-taking and knowledge-management tool for the last four years. It + the Zettelkasten method have been genuinely life-changing for me.

I wrote an essay on some of the specific reasons I love using The Archive so much. I've also shared some of the custom Alfred workflows and keyboard shortcuts I use to support The Archive, along with detailed examples.

I thought you all might enjoy the read!

A love letter to The Archive

Comments

• edited August 8

Hi @mk1123

Welcome, and thanks for your introductory post. It does feel like a love letter to The Archive. You touch on many of my feelings about it, both its upsides and its downsides. In the end, I feel my love of it is based on how little distraction there is and how much it lets me just think about my ideas.

The theme I love so much about your post "A love letter to The Archive" on Manan's Notes is how it embraces the 'working with the garage door open' ethos, integrating The Archive and a public forum. Your website is an example of the direction I've slowly been approaching with the goal of sharing parts of my archive publicly. I struggle with inertia and time management in getting this project off the ground. Your example is inspiring.

Your friend
    Will

Post edited by Will on

Will Simpson
    My zettelkasten is for my ideas, not the ideas of others. I don’t want to waste my time tinkering with my ZK; I’d rather dive into the work itself. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon, I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• @mk1123, that's a nice balanced essay, and I like many of the other posts on your website too.

In case anyone missed it: "The Archive works seamlessly with Zettelkasten; it was literally developed by the creator of zettelkasten.de, which is the home of Zettelkasten on the internet."

• "If I only had a Mac."

GitHub. Erdős #2. Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back. -- Piet Hein. Alter ego: Erel Dogg (not the first). CC BY-SA 4.0.

• edited August 9

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with our app, @mk1123, and share it with the world! :) It means a lot.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/