Zettelkasten Forum

Try to explain Zettelkasten in a sentence

I think I've found the definitive * ** sentence that I could use to explain others what is Zettelkasten
(* for me ** for this month, maybe)

I've put it at the top of my Zettelkasten note

Doing Zettelkasten is consider information like ears of wheat and tranforming them in bread and cakes

I've found in the bread making process the most complete and evocative process (harvest, grind, knead, bind floor with water, leaven) that maps to my zettelkasten until now.
Baking skills map to cognitive skills. Starting from the same raw materials and ingredients , different skills produce different (by quality, shape, flavor, use) bakery products

Comments

• What about the opposite direction: deconstructivism?. This approach relies on Ferran Adrià, who brought the disruption into the realm of cooking with his "deconstructivism".

The use of novel techniques and ingredients to manipulate the physical and chemical properties of food, combined with an artistic presentation and an emphasis on sensory experience, marked a clear departure from traditional culinary practices.

David Delgado Vendrell
    www.daviddelgado.cat

• edited April 16

@daviddelven said:
    What about the opposite direction: deconstructivism?. This approach relies on Ferran Adrià, who brought the disruption into the realm of cooking with his "deconstructivism".

The use of novel techniques and ingredients to manipulate the physical and chemical properties of food, combined with an artistic presentation and an emphasis on sensory experience, marked a clear departure from traditional culinary practices.

@daviddelven said:
    What about the opposite direction: deconstructivism?. This approach relies on Ferran Adrià, who brought the disruption into the realm of cooking with his "deconstructivism".

Need to know more about it

At a first glance, it's even better than grinding for the initial phases, but it seems miss things like yeast and knead as evocative for dynamic of internal idea development and resyntesys.

The main drawback, maybe, is that is more difficult to explain it to my mother than baking 😁