Zettelkasten Forum

Today's zettels

Is there an easy shortcut to today's zettels (i.e. today, those starting with 20240211)?
I have a Keyboard Maestro macro that does it, but it would be nice if I could have something in my saved searches.
(The KM macro: activates The Archive; types command-L (selects Omnibar); types delete keystroke (to clear it); types command-U (to generate a Zettel ID); types delete keystroke four times (to remove the hour and minute ending of the ID).

Comments

• Currently, I know of no way to create a saved search for only those notes created today, yesterday, or any other floating day. I do something even more convoluted. I journal daily and use a template in Bear, my current journaling app. Phyton creates this with the output set as a Keyboard Maestro variable. This variable is then called when the journaling template is called. In the journaling app, it looks like this. Selecting a link launches The Archive with the links in the Note List.

100 Days Ago

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com