Zettelkasten Forum

We are in the company of friends

We are in the company of friends.

The time between the solstice and the new year is a time for introspection, reflection, and gratitude. It's a time to look back on the year that has passed and think about what we have learned and achieved. And more importantly, it's a time to look forward to the new year and set intentions for ourselves.

I am grateful for the inspiration I receive from your posts and comments and for seeing what you are studying. We can brainstorm, debate, and explore new ideas together. By doing so, we can push the boundaries of our thinking and gain a deeper understanding of the world around us.

A forum post can be the starting point for a stream of ideas.

Thank you, everyone. (Including, you transient lurkers.)

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• Thank you Will. Thanks to everyone

• Thank you @Will
    Have a good and inspiring new year!

• I am the product of my “progressive summarization” even though I "never really intended this [to end up this] way."

I never intended to be the way I am. It just happened without me noticing the changes as they progressed incrementally and piled up like a train derailing in slow motion, culminating in a mangled, unrecognizable stack of rubles.

My dad used to tell me to be suspicious of words with more than two syllables. “Progressive summarization” and "incremental formalization" are the polysyllabic obfuscationalization for what is actually going on.

"Slowly getting better."

The meager skills I've progressively/incrementally acquired at zettelkasting have slowly evolved by stealing ideas from here and seeing how they fit. Some I try for a week or two, then find them not as useful as I thought. Some have molded my archive into the beast it is today. It has been a slow, rewarding process.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• We are also in the company of fiends. 😈👹😹

• @Will said:

My dad used to tell me to be suspicious of words with more than two syllables.

Anyone who followed that advice would be suspicious of "suspicious" and "syllables."

GitHub. Erdős #2. CC BY-SA 4.0. Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back. -- Piet Hein.

• More than likely, he'd have said something like, "Don't trust them fancy fools and their fancy talk." With wild abandon, I added layer upon layer of complex words, polysyllabicly obfuscating the original meaning.

Will Simpson
    kestrelcreek.com