Zettelkasten Forum

PC Software for using Zettelkasten?

Is your Archive software available for PC? Do I need to use another type of software?

Comments

• Hi @GaryManders1

The Archive isn't available for PC, unfortunately. I have been using Zettlr, which just released a significant upgrade to version 3.0.

Version 3.0 relinks files with name changes, which means that I no longer need Obsidian to do this. It has other features that make it useful for maintaining a Zettelkasten, such as replacing the filename with the H1 header, which in my case includes the filename without the .md extension. I've had to design an alphanumeric ID system and an alphabetic indexing system around it (I don't find timestamps helpful), but it has a regular expression capability that can be configured to work with a variety of ID systems.

GitHub. Erdős #2. CC BY-SA 4.0. Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back. -- Piet Hein.

• @ZettelDistraction said:
    The Archive isn't available for PC, unfortunately. I have been using Zettlr, which just released a significant upgrade to version 3.0.

I'll give Zettlr one last shot. Not a fan of it being electron though, but we have to use what life provides.