Zettelkasten Forum

What ideas are you wrestling with this week? January 26, 2023

I don't know why I feel the need to confess. It is a little cathartic.
Spelling, grammar, reading, and writing that make up the English curriculum in the US were never my forte. In fact, I was in Special Ed and rode the short bus until I was a junior in high school. I don't remember ever taking a writing class in primary school. Now, look at me. I'm in a graduate-level writing seminar with nine MFA students.

This is the output of a little python script I wrote a few weeks ago. It makes my tending this thread easy.

What I'm Working On

12 New Zettel in the Last 7 Days.

Titles and one-sentence summary/meaning of atomic zettel. These are the ideas I'm currently wrestling with. They represent a 7-day window of new notes.

This is generated with nothing held back. If any of this interests you, please start a thread here, DM me. If you have questions about form or content, I'm happy to discuss anything on this list.

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• @Will

I like the image of "wrestling" with ideas. One has to put in a lot of effort and the idea fights back and sometimes locks us in one hold or another for a while. Very nice.

One of your zettel topics reminded me of the web site called Squish. It's sort of a reverse look-up dictionary / fuzzy thesaurus. I keep it open almost all the time when writing. It's good for old duffers like us. You can type in a word, but more helpfully, a whole phrase, and Squish suggests a number single words, giving you a definition of the one it thinks matches your phrase the best and then a thesaurus list of many others.

Squish has pretty much replaced my other on-line dictionary helps:

https://www.onelook.com/reverse-dictionary.shtml?s=squish