Zettelkasten Forum

Hello, fellow Zettle'rs! 👋🏻

Hi everyone!

Been a long time notebook/journal user and more recently a Zettelkasten convert. I first heard of Zettelkasten after a few coworkers of mine were talking about personal knowledge systems. I read everything under "Getting Started" on this site plus others, and even bought (and read) the book about taking smart notes.

I started blogging over a decade ago and already see the massive assistance my Zettelkasten provides even with only a few zettels (about 70 fully formed zettels currently). Not only does it help with my blog but it's help with creating content both for public social networks as well as my online store.

Needless to say, I'm a convert and taking my time building up a Zettelkasten for my brain to work within. I'm currently using Obsidian for the software but am thinking about creating a software myself to fit my exact needs. But we'll see... creating software is a lot of work... 😅

Happy Zettel'n!

Comments

• It's great to have you on board @jrswab! You're ambitious in thinking about creating custom ZK software, especially something on the scale of Obsidian. I'm hoping you'll get ideas from the banter on the forums.

Welcome.
    What is your area of study?
    What areas of software development do you study?

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• @Will

You're ambitious in thinking about creating custom ZK software, especially something on the scale of Obsidian. I'm hoping you'll get ideas from the banter on the forums.

If I do take up this challenge it will start out very basic and cover my basic needs in a Zettelkasten software. From there, if it works, I can add more features to help meet the needs of others.

What is your area of study?

Pretty much anything lol.
    However, personal development, spirituality, and tech tend to be the main focus areas.

What areas of software development do you study?

Mostly Go programming since it's my day job. I tend to make a lot of CLI applications for personal use outside of my day job.

• @jrswab said:
    I tend to make a lot of CLI applications for personal use outside of my day job.

I also tend to make a lot of CLI applications for personal use. I love sharing these. Go programming has recently come on my radar through an interest in static website development using Hugo.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com