Zettelkasten Forum

Share your ZK plans for 19 June - 25 June

The question is how to procrastinate competently, in such a way as to be working on things that matter. The three types of procrastination are - "you could work on (a) nothing, (b) something less important, or (c) something more important. That last type, I'd argue, is good procrastination." Type-C procrastinators put off the small stuff to work on the big stuff.

Please share in this thread what ideas excite you. Use this thread to start a conversation, socialize your understanding, and as a public accountability tool.

DON'T BE SHY!

Week 25 of 2022 Already!

This week, I'll be

• We have visitors, and my time is socially obligated.
  • Reading for knowledge some of the essays in the collection called The Columbia University Forum Anthology, 1957.
  • Finish reading The Solace of Open Spaces by Gretel Ehrlich about sheep herding in Wyoming.
  • This week, I promise to look closely at my procrastination unless I further procrastinate.

–––

Trivia.

These are the titles of a few recent notes I'm excited about.
Show us yours! We are interested in seeing what you are up to!

Reading like a bird of prey 202206181713
B-The Hidden Lives Of Owls 202105241531
How Julia Child Used First Principles Thinking 202206181532
The Power of Patience 202206132144
The Instrumentalization of Time 202206170814
Actions for Embracing Finitude 202206170819
Telic and Atelic Activities 202206170817

–––

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• edited June 2022

Haven't checked in for a while! Past 3 weeks have been busy with a freelance job that is well-paid but also taught me new technology that I usually miss out on in my apps because of backwards compatibility. I've now tasted the future, and it is a sweet taste indeed!

So on the upside, I've got

• 6 notes in the past week (been away 2 days for our anniversary)
    • 16 the week before
    • 21 the week before that, at the end of May
    • 20 the week before that where I began to research

And I've modified and expanded old notes that tie the new tech topics together. So I've got like 60 notes on SwiftUI, modern concurrency via async/await, macOS 12 and iOS 16, etc. -- that won't fill a book, but it's plenty to blog about!

So it makes me a happy Zettelnaut, feeling quite productive and all :)

An old friend's wedding takes place this week, so we'll be heading to Berlin again for 2 days. The freelance gig will be more or less done and ready to ship and test this week, and that's going to be a relief.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/