Share your ZK plans for 29 MAY - 4 June
Connecting ideas along varied and novel paths make them more memorable.
Please share in this thread what ideas you are excited about. Please share what you wish you'd be working on. Use this as a public accountably tool, as a way to start a conversation, and to socialize your understanding.
DON'T BE SHY!
Week 22 of 2022 Already!
This week, I'll be
Reading and onboarding these two beautiful books. They have reignited my passion for reading.
- Steve Leveen, founder of Levengers.com, 2005 book The Little Guide to Your Well-Read Life. A short insightful tome with lots of reading recommendations.
- Quantum physicist and Italian researcher Carlo Rovelli's 2022 book There are Places in the World Where Rules are Less Important than Kindness. This book is filled with surprising touches on the philosophy of science.
I'm going to try and enhance my idea connectivity skills, slowing down my review process and looking at recruiting Keyboard Maestro to help surface meaningful quality connections. I have a pantheon of macro that help in various situations, but I don't feel I'm where I want to be yet with them. This skill-building project is still very much a work in progress. I've had some fantastic successes, which only encourage me more.
I've made tweaks to my review cycle, and we'll see.
Here is how the review cycle is formatted.
4 notes created on 20220528 yesterday.
0 notes created on 20220522 one week ago.
1 notes created on 20220508 three weeks ago.
0 notes created on 20211128 six months ago.
0 notes created on 20210529 one year ago.
0 notes created on 20200529 two years ago.
4 notes created on 20190529 three years ago.
18 new zettel in the last 10 days.
200 new zettel in the last 100 days.
2.12 zettel created on average since day zero.
These are the titles of a few notes I'm excited about.
Show us yours! We are interested in seeing what you are up to!
- Projects are investments in Areas of Focus 202205260705
- B-Guide To My Well-Read Life 202205271644
- B-There Are Places In The World Where Rules Are Less Important Than Kindness 202205281509
- Optimal Saved Searches Workflow 202205261746
- Quality of relationships to ideas matter 202205250813
- Categorical, subjective, and inline tags 202205261556
- Mastering types of idea connectivity 202205280718
- Diversifying reading enriches 202205280735
- Bookography 2012 202205271957
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.