Zettelkasten Forum

Sample Note Discussion

---
UUID: ›[[202112071618]]
cdate: 12-07-2021 04:18 PM
tags: #note-taking #zettelkasting
---

Memory Maintenance

Considering notes as proxies for memories, as the size and matrix of the archive grows, more time is spent maintaining existing notes. New notes should be created with abandon. Integrating them into the archive as wholly as I do. Editing them with abandon.

My new note-taking/zettelkasting mantra is: Create and edit with abandon. Trust that magic will happen.

I realized that in a few months, let alone years, at this rate most of my time would be spent on the maintenance of memories [notes]. I, as others have found, would be too busy maintaining these memories to use them. 1

What does it mean to "use" a memory? I can use a note's contents, and its idea can be reignited in me. It can spark new and novel ideas.

Idea Matrix

• Rank and File [[202101080816]]

• Source Web article
  • Note Maintenance [[201901261914]]

• Notes as a proxy for memories are best actionable.
  • Are My Notes Memories Wanting Maintenance? [[202101091515]]

• A case for zero note/memory maintenance

1. Minto, Robert. "Rank and File." Real Life, 2021, https://reallifemag.com/rank-and-file/. ;↩︎

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com