beginner workflow / keyboard shortcuts
Hi, I've purchased The Archive last week and admire your work about everything Zettelkasten.
I am now posting on the forum as I have spent hours / days looking through forum posts and watching all videos posted on the zettelkasten.de YouTube channel.
What I am missing is a beginner-friendly introduction on how to actually USE your software.
A simple and hands-on explanation for a beginner workflow.
- how do I toggle between Editor, Omnibar and The List? what keyboard shortcuts do I need to use?
- or are there no such keyboard shortcuts to toggle between edit / search / note fields and do I need to use the mouse/trackpad instead?
- Is there no Preview for markdown available in the Editor (e.g. like in iA Writer)? (I saw a video about marked 2 but have no interest in more external software).
The "Welcome to the Archive" intro is not really helpful in that regard.
Searching the forum for keyboard functionality ends up 99% on KeyboardMaestro tricks and other wizardry.
Your videos would have a better teaching effect if one could see the actual keys pressed when performing certain actions.
I'm still in the dark about how to navigate The Archive software. Not everyone here is coming from emacs org mode and it really takes up a lot of time to sift through forum posts to puzzle a beginner tutorial together.
The forum is great though and the community super friendly!
So in short what I figured:
- I can't toggle edit fields with the TAB key
- Ctrl-L brings me to Omnibar
- which key-combo brings me back to the Editor?
- after a search I press the ESC key to see all notes in the sidebar again
What else does a beginner of TheArchive need to know?
The knowledge how to smoothly navigate around to enter Zettels and search stuff is key. Zettelkasten theory is hard enough ...
Thanks in advance,
Sascha (a novice)
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!