Zettelkasten Forum

I would love to become a Knowledge Entrepreneur

That is why after having achieved my goal of writing 30 articles in 30 days, I am writing my... 32nd article.

It's been 20 years I am looking for a way to be an independent entrepreneur sustained by what I create: articles, mostly. It is definitely knowledge, but what is its value? That is one of my recurring questions and quests.

Stumbling into a creative meeting, I've found myself, once again, reflecting on this topic.

So, I wrote this:

Expert? Show up, provide value, and we’ll see.
https://curatella.com/expert-show-up/
Practice, study, and be prepared to show up and provide value with your expertise. Welcome to the era of the Knowledge Entrepreneur.

Comments

• Several decades ago, when I was still a boy, I heard a speech given by a former English army officer, who had, I believe, been a prisoner in Colditz. At one point he said, "and we all know what an expert is -- x is an unknown quantity, and a spurt is a drip under pressure". (For those unfamiliar with English slang of the era, the word "drip" was used to mean a weak idiot.) I have never forgotten it, and I can never hear the word "expert" without a slight smile creeping across my face. Not that I subscribe to that idiotic comment that "we have all had enough of experts". Far from it. But as we say in English (and maybe in other languages) "be careful what you wish for"!

In bocca al lupo!

• When you are lucky, you have to be careful what you wish for. I might be lucky. And I can see what you mean. Sometimes your dreams (following a long period of effort and sacrifices) become true. Some other times you don't know what to wish for or you don't know how it would look like to make it real. That's the pure purpose of dreams, we could say.

Another consideration is that, contrary to many other endeavors, when I write the things that I like, I write them first for myself. So far, so good. Let's see for how long I'll be able to keep it.

Crepi, Martin.